Southern Girl Creations

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday! Chocolate Cherry Cake

This is absolutely my favorite cake! I baked it last night to bring to work and share for my birthday...

1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
2 large eggs
1 21oz. can of cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon of pure almond extract

1 can of your favorite chocolate icing

Combine cake mix, eggs and almond extract until blended well.  Then, fold in the cherry pie filling..  Spoon batter into greased and floured bundt pan.  The batter will be very thick.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto your serving dish.  I warmed my can of icing up for about 30 seconds in the microwave and poured it on to create the glaze. 

Hope you enjoy! Don't laugh at how much bigger the cake plate is than the cake! I think the angle I took the picture at makes it worse than it really is... 

Linking Up to

1 comments:

AUDRA said...

Um yeah, delicious!

Post a Comment