Southern Girl Creations

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent


I got this idea from http://go.tipjunkie.com/hm/518/www.greatoakcircle.com/homemade-laundry-detergent .  I found it on Tip Junkie but it originally came from www.greatoakcircle.com  go checkout their site they have a lot of great ideas. 

It is super easy to make and seems to work really well.

2 Bars of Fels Naptha Heavy Duty Laundry Bar Soap.  Grated ( I used a cheese grater and a lot of elbow grease it makes about 4 cups)
2 boxes of Baking Soda
6 Cups of Borax
4 Cups of Washing Soda

mix all ingredients together and put in storage containers.  Just an FYI it is very powdery mix it gently.  I actually put mine in a large plastic bowl with a very tight fitting lid and shook it to mix.  I let it settle before opening the top but I still got the taste of baking soda in my mouth from all the dust.

It will make 4 Quart jars of Laundry Soap
I made the tag from a download from http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ . I just downloaded one of her beautiful frames that she offers and added my own text.

Instructions:
Use 2 tablespoons per load of laundry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment