Southern Girl Creations

Monday, July 19, 2010

Here we go...

My first post... Well,  on this blog that is... This blog is all about my creative outlets.  I have been crafting since I was a small child.  I have always loved to go through the piles of my moms fabric, paint, buttons etc... basically, anything she would let me get my hands on.  My grandmother taught me how to use a hot glue gun and from that point on I thought I was a crafting goddess.  Ok, just kidding about the goddess part but I have used a many a glue stick in the hot glue gun and suffered the burns to go along with it.  Back to my Mom she is better than Martha Stewart ever thought about being...(just a lot more humble and not as popular) She sews, paints with both oil and watercolor, porcelain paints, makes jewelry, knits, crochets, and  has taken classes in basket weaving, cake decorating and numerous other mediums.  I am so jealous I wish I could do everything that she does.  So, I guess my point is that I come by crafting sort of naturally it has always been a part of my life.  I hope that the things I share here might inspire you. 
~Sherry~

0 comments:

Post a Comment