Southern Girl Creations

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall in the south

It is almost fall here in the south.  One of the sure signs that it is coming is that it is cotton picking time.  I don't think there is anything much prettier than a snow white field of cotton.  The sad thing is that I took these pictures last Sunday and as of yesterday all the cotton has been picked, the stalks cut down and the fields are back to lifeless, empty, brown dirt... That makes me kind of sad.  Here are a few pictures for you....




2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Wow Ive never seen cotton up close like that, and I live in KY so it's not like I haven't seen cotton fields. It really is beautiful. It's crazy that cotton grows out of the ground, my mind is kind of blown right now hehe.

slovelady said...

I think it is sooo pretty. It is amazing how that comes from a tiny seed planted in the ground and so many products are made from it everyday... I often wonder who found that plant and decided that you could make cloth from it??

Post a Comment