Southern Girl Creations

Friday, July 29, 2011

Banana Bread

I know there are hundreds of thousands of banana bread recipes out there, but this is my favorite.  I have a bad habit of not eating all the bananas up that I buy.  This is mainly due to the fact that I will not eat a banana once it gets a brown spot on it.  It is totally a texture thing. So, once they have brown spots they go into banana bread or banana freeze(I will do a post with this recipe it is so good).

Banana Bread

3/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
4 Eggs
3 Cups of Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking Soda
4 Bananas
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla

Grease and Flour 2 loaf pans. Cream butter sugar and eggs.  In separate bowl combine the dry ingredients Flour, Soda, and salt mix well.  Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter sugar and eggs mixing well as you go.  Mash the bananas with the vanilla and fold into your batter. Pour batter evenly into your two loaf pans and Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.  or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


1 comments:

Netarie said...

I love banana bread, too! I think I will post my recipe on my blond also share with you that I freeze my bananas peeled in a ziploc freezer bag until I have enough to make my recipe...that would be 7 bananas. :)

Post a Comment